These images should include the title of the book somewhere and can include quotes from the novel, suggested taglines, your own taglines, etc. You can use your own photography, draw something, make word art, create an image in Canva, use the official cover art, etc. (Click the Books or Media tab for access to the official book cover.)
Here are some examples from previous contests.
|By Irene from Boghunden.dk|
|By Kim from Divergent Gryffindor|
|By Eli from The Silver Words|
|By Agustina Z|
|I made this one with Canva.|
Each winner of this contest will get a signed hardcover of This is How it Happened if you have a U.S. address or a Book Depository or Wordery pre-order of the novel + a signed bookplate if you live outside the U.S. If you want one of my other books instead, just ask. I have no problem subbing in a different title as long as it's available. Everyone who enters, regardless of location, will receive swag to include signed bookmarks and either magnets or stickers. All submitted designs remain copyright of their creator but will be fawned over by me and may be shared via my social media ;D
Possible text for your graphic:
Your graphic does not need to have text (aside from the book's title if you're not using the cover image), but it can. If you've read the ARC, you can use anything that stood out to you. If you haven't read the ARC, you can check out this four-chapter sample. You can also use part of one of the quotes that are listed on Goodreads. You can make up your own tagline or phrase or use one of the ones below.
- Sometimes the simplest explanation is wrong.
- You have more power than you know. Be careful what you do with it.
- There are some mistakes you can't take back.
- When the internet wants blood, someone is getting sacrificed.
- We can't define people by their worst actions.
- You must share your graphic on Twitter, Instagram, or Tumblr, at least once before July 10. Caption/tag the image similar to: #ThisIsHowItHappened by @pstokesbooks releases July 11th from @HarperTeen
- Aside from the book cover, which can be freely used/adapted, any photography or imagery must be open source or belong to you. When in doubt, don't use it.
- Designs can be any shape or size and do not need to be high resolution.
- You can enter up to three graphics, but each one must be shared on social media.
General questions? Put them in the comments.