If you know me, you know I usually launch my books on Twitter. It's a reduced-anxiety, high-inclusivity way to do things. But I'm trying something different this year to further reduce the stress of the actual party and make things even more inclusive. On May 15th at 7 a.m. Pacific (10 a.m. Eastern), I'll be officially starting The Great Girl Against the Universe Release Party. It will be held on my author Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/pstokesbooks.
You do not have to "like" my FB page to come to the party. However, if you do not have your privacy settings configured in a way that I can see your comments, I won't be able to answer any of your questions or choose you as a prize-winner. Even if you do "like" my page, it's still possible that your privacy settings will prevent your comments from being seen. If you want to participate, try to figure this out beforehand, because I don't use my FB personal profile page and I won't be able to tell you how to set yours during the party.
|Srsly. I have no idea ;)|
So why FB? Because once you get over forty people at a Twitter party, it becomes impossible for me to keep up. I just watch question after question scroll by at high speed, feeling like I can't possibly answer them all, dashing out hurried, typo-filled tweets in an attempt to stay caught up, getting completely exhausted in the span of ninety minutes, and spending the rest of the evening thinking about all the things I wish I'd said, if only I'd had five seconds to think. I find it hard to meaningfully interact with anyone. I find it hard to appreciate your contest entries. In short, Twitter release parties are not fun for me these days.
How am I going to make this FB party fun? Well for starters, it's taking place over two days, which means you can ask me all the questions you want and I don't have to sprint to answer them. It also means you can participate without having to skip church or stay up until 3 a.m. If you're busy on Sunday, you can stop in on Monday, or vice-versa. I want as many people as possible to be able to participate.
|#AwkwardFaction Come be awkward with me!|
So how's it going to work? Well, in Girl Against the Universe, Maguire and her therapist develop a list of seven challenges for her to work through as she tries to get over her fear of being bad luck to people around her. I thought it would be fun to host a party with seven challenges for you, and seven prizes :) I will release one challenge every hour, starting at 7 a.m. Pacific on May 15th. Then, these challenges will remain open for people to participate in until 7 p.m. Pacific on May 16th. All of the challenges will be listed on Facebook, but some of them might require you to have a Twitter or Instagram account. I am going to mix it up so be ready for anything ;)
|Uh-oh. A black cat crossed your path ;)|
Wait, who brings a cat to a hockey game?
Prizes will include:
- Girl Against the Universe mini-swag packs (bookmarks and magnets)
- The last GATU ARC
- Special four-book swag pack, including LAINEY pin buttons, LIARS book charm necklace, GATU bookmark charm, and VICARIOUS magnets
- LIARS, INC. shark's tooth necklace
- Finished copies of GATU
- Your choice of any Paula Stokes book, including an ARC or pre-order of VICARIOUS
- A $25 B&N gift card (alternate prize for INT winner)
What do you have to do to win? It's a secret :D You'll have to drop by the party to see for sure what the challenges will be :)
Between challenges, I'll be posting other cool stuff that you might want to check out too, like excerpts and info on upcoming books, and sign-up sheets for people to request ARCs. I'll also announce the winners of the Great GATU Graphics Contest and the winner of the pre-order grand prize.
Release Party Logistics:
- You must be 13 or have a parent's permission to participate.
- US and international participants are welcome.
- Don't forget to properly configure your FB privacy settings so I can see your entries.
- If you have questions prior to the start of the party, you can post them in the comments here.
- If you have general questions the day of the party, there will be a GENERAL QUESTIONS post that you can comment on.
- If you have specific questions about one of the challenges, comment on that specific post so I see it right away and know which task you're stuck on.
- Some of the contests will have random winners, but in the event that I am choosing a winner for something, my decision is final. I will try my hardest to be accurate and fair.
- You will have until 7 p.m. Pacific on Monday May 16th to complete as many of the challenges as you want.
- Winners will be announced by 9 p.m Pacific on Monday May 16th, AKA GIRL AGAINST THE UNIVERSE's official East Coast book birthday!
- I will have a form for winners to fill out for easy prize claiming
I'm so excited to share Girl Against the Universe with the world! I really hope you stop by the release party and join me in celebrating my hopeful, heartfelt, extremely-orange new novel :D
Oooooooh, the shark tooth necklace. <3ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
Lovely post on this release party! The party seems fun-filled and enjoyable. I have also been to this venue once as attended a party over there. Currently searching out for awesome Chicago venues for my party next month.ReplyDelete